- The Dream Factory is a registered charity (number 1123662) with the aim to relieve the suffering of children and young people aged from 3 years to 25 years, living in the UK with life limiting or terminal illnesses and/or severe disabilities, by granting wishes and dreams in order to bring happiness and joy, for example: toys and games, meeting a famous person, trip or party, etc.
- The Dream Factory values everyone who engages with us by whatever means, and we do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure the personal data you provide us is kept safe.
- This policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you contact us by phone, email, letter, attend any of our events or when you use our website or social media pages.
What information do we collect?
Directly with us:
We collect information about you:
- Register a donation
- Apply for a volunteer position with us
- Apply for an employment position with us
- Sign up for email updates
- Contact us
- Complete surveys or provide feedback
- When you or someone on your behalf has applied for a Dream
This information may include:
- Name, role and organisation
- Contact details including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode and interests.
- Material that you post or contribute to our sites and any correspondence you have with us.
- We also collect information on your website usage through cookies, if you browser accepts them.
- When you contact us by email, letter or on the phone, we may record this information in our recording system to help us process your request efficiently.
How do we use your Information?
- Processing of requests for dreams / donations / support for events and fundraising
- Keep you up to date on news and stories about our work;
- Ask for financial and non-financial support, such as volunteering;
- Process donations you give us, or to support your fundraising for us, including gift aid;
- Provide information or fundraising packs;
- Provide a personalised service, such as customised website content or personalised emails;
- Keep records of your relationship with us e.g. questions you have asked or complaints you have made;
- We may use publicly available information such as newspaper articles, or information you have given permission to other organisations to share such as LinkedIn and Facebook, to identify supporters and non supporters, who have expressed an interest in charities like The Dream Factory.
- If you make a major gift to our work, and where you agree to such a relationship with us, we will discuss and agree with you any sensitivities you may have about the personal data we hold and the methods of contact suitable for you. We will do this at the earliest convenient opportunity. Where you do not wish to pursue such a relationship with us, we will not retain any additional publicly sourced personal data about you we have used for this purpose.
How and where we store your information
- We will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each activity. We keep financial information for seven years due to legal requirements and we delete all other information from our recording system if we have not had any contact with you for three years.
- We ensure that we have appropriate technical controls in place to protect any personal data you provide. For example, we ensure that our network is protected and routinely monitored.
- We ensure that access to personal data is restricted only to those staff members or volunteers whose job roles require such access and that suitable training is provided for these staff members and volunteers.
- However, we need to remind you that despite all our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and that you submit data at your own risk.
- Hard copies of personal information such as dream applications, volunteer and staff records are kept in locked filing cabinets in a secure office.
When we share your information
- We do not share, sell or swap your information with any other third party.
- We may need to share your information if required by law or by a regulatory body. For example, a Gift Aid audit by the HMRC, or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency.
- Provide anonymised data to monitor compliance and activities of the Charity.
- If you have opted-n to hear about TDF’s work and updates, we will send you information which may be of interest to you.
- You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at anytime. You can contact us at any time to request a change to your marketing preferences.
Children and Vulnerable People
- When we create any information for someone aged 17 or under or is considered vulnerable, we make sure that we have their parent’s /guardian’s permission first, before recording their personal information.
- Your choices and telling us when things change
- You can change your preferences on what you receive from us, including marketing and fundraising materials, or how we contact you, by mail, phone or email, at any time.
- We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and is up to date. Please contact us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You can do so by:
The Dream Factory
South Eastern House
62-70 Fowler Road
- Data protection regulations give you clear rights over how your data is used by us. You can find out more detail about your rights by visiting the Information Commissioners Office website on https://ico.org.uk/
- You also have the right to report concerns or complaint about our handling of your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of this can be found on its website.
- Access to your information
- You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To receive a copy of the personal information we hold please write to us at:
The Dream Factory
South Eastern House
62-70 Fowler Road
- The cost of this will be £10.00.
We keep this Policy updated regularly. This was last updated on 23rd December 2020